Message from Claire - WOAW Activity Organizer Support
Setting Guinness World Records to Raise Awareness & Promote Your WOAW Activity
HELP BUILD AN HISTORICAL NUMBER OF PINK PAPER PLANES ACROSS THE GLOBE - MARCH 8, 2016, 12:00-12:15, LOCAL TIME
Nothing is quite as simple and inexpensive as building a Pink Paper Plane. Yet, nothing is quite as symbolic and powerful as building a Pink Paper Plane. It is an implicit acceptance by the builder, male or female, that women do indeed belong in aviation.
Join ‘The Aerospace World’ Team of Experts as we bring you the latest news from the venue
On March 8, 2016 (106th anniversary of the world's first female pilot license & International Women's Day), let's build an historical number of Pink Paper Planes from 12:00 to 12:15 (local time) in as many time zones as possible across the globe to highlight the lack of advancement of women in the air and space and raise awareness of opportunities available today.
- Most people making paper aircraft simultaneously (multiple venues)
- Most paper aircraft built simultaneously (one time zone)
- Most paper aircraft built within 24 hours (multiple time zones)
Gather your colleagues at work, round-up your buddies at the club, meet your friends at the local airport restaurant, or visit a local science classroom to build Pink Paper Planes!
A GOLDEN PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY
Whether you want to promote your upcoming event or simply encourage girls and women to visit your flight school, your aviation facilities, or your museum, taking part in our Guinness World Records attempt at the begining of The Week is sure to attract the attention of local media.
NOT GUINNESS WORTHY UNLESS STRICT RULES ARE FOLLOWED
Guinness World Records demands strict oversight and accountability. Here is a quick summary of key elements:
- Day: March 8 2016
- Time: 12:00 to 12:15, local time
- Activity: Build Pink Paper Planes from approved template (A4 or Letter) using the approved folding instructions
- Registration: Activity must be registered as an official Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week activity
- Independent witnesses: A minimum of 2 eligible independent witnesses must be present throughout the attempt and write a report (e.g., elected official, judge, notary, police, military personnel, etc.)
- Recording: The attempt must be continuously video-recorded (webcam or other). In addition, photos must be supplied.
- Venue: The venue must have controllable entries and exits.
- Timing: Precise timing is required (please use www.time.is for precise local time)
- Accountability: Strict counting methods apply to assess the number of people (male and female) present and the number of Pink Paper Planes built
See Appendix C of the 2016 Organizer Guide for full details. Contact the organisers if you need help.
Guinness World Records attempt participants receive an official certificate.
One community at a time. Worldwide.
Together, we are better.
WOAW Week Activity Organizer Support
Please note the social media wall for 2016 is now 'live'. Add #WOAW16 to your social media posts regarding WOAW Week 2016 to enter the virtual global party room.